Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables, North Conway, NH is close to many Outdoor Recreation, Attractions, Restaurants, Things to do and Services in the Mount Washington Valley and the White Mountains.
Some of these activities and services are listed below:
The below activities are listed by using the Farm By the River B and B as the center point. We assist our guests with their plans for the day-whether it is easy adventure or high adventure or simply a country drive.
Vendors and local services are listed toward the bottom of this page.
Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast is only 2 miles to the center of North Conway-the hub of the Mount Washington Valley. This quaint town is a great starting point to explore the rest of the White Mountain activities- a perfect getaway in New Hampshire. North Conway offers tax-free shopping, live theater, museums, movie theaters, numerous restaurants. Our lodging guests receive discounts on a variety of area activities and restaurants.At the bottom see the list of vendors for weddings and elopements and other gatherings.
Our stables in North Conway is the ONLY public, Outdoor, recreational activity or family attraction that is open year round in the White Mountains of NH
- Horseback Riding year- round
- Pony Rides, Birthday/Pony ride parties
- Sleigh Rides for 2 or Group Rides
- Proposals, sleigh ride elopements & weddings
- Birthdays, anniversaries
- $99 Special -sleigh ride for 2, comp. champagne & chocolates
- Victorian Carriage Rides-especially nice in the spring & fall
- Proposals, Mother’s Day, Anniversaries
- Cinderella Birthday Party, Halloween
- Wagon rides-especially nice in the spring & fall
Inn guests at the Farm by the River also enjoy many on -site activities:
- Saco River frontage for swimming, tubing, and fly fishing Fly Fishing – End of May-Oct 15 -brown and rainbow trout (rental equipment only 1 mile away) North Country Angler,(2 miles ) North Conway. 356-6000 www.northcountryangler.com; Dave Baker registered fishing guide 603-986-7462
- Complimentary snowshoeing on site (shoes provided)
- Gardens, nature walks -see deer moose fox and coyote on site as well as many birds (5 habitats)
- Click here for our link: On-Site Activities
Spring to Fall Recreational Activities near the Farm by the River and North Conway, NH
See our local map here:
Swim and Hike, at Echo Lake State Park (1/2 mile away from the Farm By the River B and B with stables)
Bike Trail lane right outside our door
Mountain Biking Trails, (1/2 mile). Trail Heads from Echo Lake, Diana Bath and other local places.
Kayaking and Canoeing, North Conway: You can do this on site with your own canoe or try one of these vendors.
- Saco Valley Canoe, Route 302, Center Conway 447-2444- sacocanoe.com -
- Good water level canoes, kayak, tubing-Conway lake trips
- Northern Extremes, North Conway 603-356-4718
Saco Bound, Center Conway 447-2177
- Toll Free 877-722-6748 goes down
Visit the Fryeburg Fair this Fall, -October 2 – October 9, 2016
Rock and Ice Climbing in North Conway: Rock Climbing, April to Nov. Ice climbing Dec-March
White Horse and Cathedral Ledges (1/2 mile from the Farm by the River).
- Climbing Schools: International Mountain Equipment, North Conway (2 miles)
- Eastern Mountain Sports, North Conway. (2 miles)
Hiking in the White Mountain National Forest:
250 + trails (Trail head – 1 mile away from the Farm by the river).
- Echo Lake State Park: 1.2 mile away
- Cathedral Ledge: 1/2 mile away-Drive up to top & walk the ledge for outstanding views of Mt. Washington Valley
- Climb Mt. Washington- a 6 hour round trip hike with 2 trails, or drive it (25 minutes away)
- Diana’s Bath – Waterfall (1-1/2 miles away). 50 min. hike- easy
- Kearsarge North- 5 hours round trip- 6 miles-moderate(4 miles away)
- Black Cap- (5 miles ) one and 1/2 mile hike- easy-50 min.(4 miles away)
- Kancamagus Highway- hike the Boulder Loop Trail. 6 miles away(moderate )
- Washington Auto Rd., (15 miles) 466-3988
- Kancamagus Highway (Scenic Byway)-US Scenic Byway
- White Mtns Loop Tour -N. Conway to Rte 112 to 302 ( see the lupines)
- Guided tours by van- Four Notch Tours, North Conway, NH, Dick Pollock, nature and wildlife photographer will give you pointers on photographing nature- 603-770-8277
Moose Bus Tours-June- Oct. MWV Moose Tours, North Conway 662-3159
Farm by the River offers mid- week golf packages**
- Hales Location – 9 holes 1/2 mile away from the Farm by the river
- North Conway Country Club – 2 miles 18 holes & Driving range.
- Wentworth Golf Resort, – Jackson 18 holes (8 miles)
- Eagle Mountain House, – 9 holes & range, Jackson (10 miles) and a few others are avail. with this package
Winter Outdoor Recreation:X-C skiing, snowmobiling, rock and ice climbing, Mt. Cranmore Resort for DH skiing, tubing, mountain roller coaster (inn guest discounts & mid-week and Weekend ski packages)
Click here for our Package links - Fall and Winter Packages
Cross-Country Skiing -Farm by the River offers discounts** and packages
- Whitiker Woods (1/2 mile), North Conway town maintained
- Bear Notch Ski Touring Center (10 min.), 603-374-2277
- Great Glen Trails (20 min), 603-466-2333
- Mt Washington Valley X-C Skiing Network (10 min.), 603-383-9920
- Jackson Ski Touring Foundation – X-C trails (10 min) 603- 383-9355
- Bretton woods 603-278-3322 (17 miles.)
Downhill Skiing- Farm by the River offers discounts** and ski and Stay Packages
- Mt. Cranmore (2 miles), skiing, tubing & roller coaster **
- Attitash- (15 min.)**, Wildcat (20 min)**
- Bretton Woods- (35 min a
- Mt. Washington Snow Fields/Tuckerman’s Ravine, April– June no lift
- Outside -Schouler Park North Conway
- Ham Arena, Conway ( inside- limited hrs)-603-447-5886
Snowmobiling -Farm by the River offers discounts** and packages
- Northern Extremes, Bartlett- 1-866-792-2143 (20 min. )
- Profile RV 603-447-5855;
- Town & Country- 603-9292698.
- Fryeburg Snowmobile Rentals, Fryeburg, ME 1-207-9351220
- www.sledandbed.com (20 minutes away)
Ice Climbing, December – March.White Horse and Cathedral Ledges (1/2 mile). Ice Climbing and Skiing Mt. Washington-Huntington Ravine
- Climbing Schools: International Mountain Equipment (2 miles); Eastern Mountain Sports, North Conway. (2miles)
- Many other independent climbing instructors in the area.
Museums:Weather Observatory, N. Conway, free;Children’s Museum** N. Conway, Hart’s Railroad Museum, Glen
Bicycle Rentals: Joe Jones, North Conway- 356-9411, Red Jersey Cyclery: 374-2700 Bartlett, Sports Outlet- 356–3133 North Conway
- Polar Express - Magical train ride to the North Pole (2 miles away) Lodging with tickets available now at the Farm
- Conway Scenic Railroad (2 miles);Mt. Washington Cog Railroad, (30 miles) 846-5404; Hartman RR Museum 356-9922
Attractions_Open end of May- Mid Oct
- Santa’s Village, Jefferson 603-589-4445 www.santasvillage.com; Storyland – (7 miles) 603- 383-4293 ; Lost River, Lincoln; Mount Washington Auto Road; Clark’s Trading Post, Lincoln
Live Theatre 1/2 miles away-Mt. Washington Valley Theatre Co., N. Conway (2 miles) 356-5776 ;Barnstormer’s Theater, Tamworth (15 miles) 323-8500; M&D Theater, North Conway(4 miles away)
Movie Theaters: 2-5 miles away-Majestic Theater, Conway, 603- 447-5030; Mountain Valley Mall Cinema, North Conway 603-356-6410 (5 theaters)
North Conway -Tax Free Shopping, regional arts & crafts (2 miles away) Settlers Green -at www.settlersgreen.com
Restaurants, (1/2 mile). A variety of food, wine and dine to casual, ethnic, steak, seafood.(Inn guests of the Farm By the B and B receive a discount . The Valley Originals-locally owned independent restaurants.
Vendors and Services for Weddings, Parties, & Occasions that we have at the Farm by the River.
Justice of the Peace- On -Site: Richard Davis (603) 356-2694 Weddings and Elopements and, Horse-drawn Victorian Wedding Carriage, ON-SITE- Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast
DJ and MC services for your wedding, party or special event. Music for any event. Weddings, reunions, birthdays, special events. Audley Williams at (603)-986-3443 North Conway NH
Photographers: Lisa Default: (603) 374-6241 small wed. & elopements http://lisadufaultphoto.webs.com (small weddings and elopements; Jay Philbrick, philbrookphoto.com, North Conway (large weddings)
TentsTents R Us: (603) 539-1022 www.tents-r-us.com; Wrobleski Party Rentals (tents) (603) 447-2633 www.nhtents.com
Massage Therapist: Lindsey Pickering. (603) 452-8619; Wendy Yeager
Florists: Ruthy’’s: (603) 447-8878 Hills; Flower Drum: (603) 447-DRUM www.flowerdrum.com
Videographer: Meg Simone (603)-986-6234 www.megsimone.com
Limousine Services: Adam’s Special Occasions (603)447-2229 also full service Tuxedo Sales & Rental
Hair Dresser: Cut Off: (603) 356-6276 open weekends; Wave Lengths: (603) 356-5688
Caterers: We work with many caterers -we can suggest one to fulfill your needs or bring your favorite caterer with you