Carriage & Sleigh Rides
Horse-drawn Sleigh and Carriage Rides
“Most Scenic Sleigh Ride in the White Mountains of New Hampshire”-just 2 miles from downtown North Conway, NH.
Open to the Public Daily Yr. Rd: Reservations are Highly Recommended: Reservations: 9am -6pm: 603-356-6640
Simply “Ride” OR Simply “Stay” or “Ride AND Stay”
Treat your Sweetheart to a Lodging with the sleigh ride Special. Stay for two or three nights enjoy the Sleigh or Carriage ride for 2 listed above -Package from $385. Dec.25- through March 20.
“A sleigh rides for 2″ is for Lovers -Its all about Romance”
Just here for the Day? -$109 Romance Special Sleigh or Carriage Ride for Two, for four people- $149
With Complimentary Champagne or Sparkling Cider with Chocolates, and fleece and faux fur blankets - Winter -Cozy up to someone special for a romantic, private horse-drawn Victorian sleigh or carriage ride for 2-4 people sleigh (great for couples and families).
There is a Justice of the Peace on site if you are interested in “Getting Hitched.
- Enjoy an authentic New England sleigh ride in this winter wonderland right outside our door from the inn. Take a sleigh ride through 70 acres of this family estate dating back to 1771 and travel through meadows and forests, along the Saco River.
“Top Ten Sleigh Rides”, Trip Adviser Trip Watch 2010
What a great winter getaway in the White Mountain. Experience panoramic Mountain views-of Mount Cranmore lit up at night for night skiing, the Moat Mountain Range, Mt. Kearsarge, Cathedral and White Horse Ledges and more- It’s Peaceful, Picturesque & Perfectly natural!
Join in on a group ride on the” Big Red Sleigh” fun for the whole family- a great way to get out in nature. The sleigh holds up to approximately 12-14 people. Cushioned seats, fleece blankets and hot chocolate is included on this authentic sleigh ride- one of the great things to do in the winter for the whole family. Approximently45 minutes long.
Voted top 10 “Best Horse Lover’s B and B”, Arrington’s Journal
Cozy up to someone you love for a sleigh or carriage ride and return to a roaring fire in the inn and later enjoy one of our deluxe rooms with a two-person Jacuzzi and fireplace.
See our packages Yr-round Packages with horses:
Stay and Ride options: Easy adventure with horses; Valentine special;Romance and Relax, sleigh ride for 2 , dinner, deluxe rm; Family Fun with horses family suites.
Winter Sleigh & Horseback Rides Schedule
Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: $90 for 2 people; 4 people $125 Guests staying at the Farm by the River receive $10 off for a sleigh or carriage ride.
$109 Romance Special : Private Victorian Sleigh Ride with complimentary champagne and chocolates and faux fur blankest for 2, $149 for 4
For family fun, join in with others on the big red sleigh:
Group Winter Sleigh Rides on the Big Red sleigh -holds up 12 to 14 people:: Depart at 10,& 11:30 am & 1pm, 2:30 (and 4pm weather and safety permitting) 45 minute group and private sleigh rides. Hot chocolate & blankets provided.
Adults 12 yrs. & over: $18.00; Children $12- ages 3-11 years; under 3 yrs free
Winter Horseback Rides- Approx. 50 minutes-1 hour. Rides depart: 10 & 11:30 am & 1 pm, 2:30 pm and
4pm if it is not too dark. Inn guests receive a $10/ride discount
Spring and Fall: Carriage, Wagon & Horseback & Pony Rides
Stables at the Farm by the River B&B is the only Outdoor Recreational White Mountain Attraction in NH that is open daily, all year -round.
Fall and Spring Schedule for Carriage, Wagon, & Horseback Riding
Private Victorian Carriage Rides: DEPART- 10,& 11:30 am & 1pm, 2:30(and 4pm weather permitting) 45 minute group and private sleigh rides.- $90 for 2 people; 4 people $125 with blankets
$109 Romance Special -Carriage ride with complimentary champagne, chocolates, blankets- 2people -$109, 4 people-$149
Horseback Rides- Depart: 10 & 11:30 am & 1 pm, 2:30 pm (and 4pm weather permitting) 1 hour. $50. please see our requirement below.
Pony Rides- 15 minutes, for children 4-8 years old-$18
Take a Fall Carriage ride tour- a great way to see the new England country side. This Fall travel through a kaleidoscope of crimson fall colors of mature maple sugar forest along the Saco River.
Perfect for 1 or 2 couples 0r for a family of 4-5 people.
A romantic carriage ride is a great way to propose or celebrate an anniversary or for a romantic getaway try one of our lodging with carriage ride package:See Year round packages with horses
Fall is also a great time to spot wild life on this private acreage as well as water fowl on the Saco River. Deer and fox and coyote are often seen as well as birds of prey, turkeys and other birds, and sometimes moose are seen during this season.
New Hampshire Magazine, April 2011, selected as on the the “Perfect B&Bs for the horsey set or the wanna- bes”. Carriage, sleigh and horseback riding is offered year round, daily.
Or join in with the fun with others on a wagon ride -a great for thing to do during spring and summer with the whole Family or groups up to 12 -14 people.
Stay at the Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with Stables and receive a special inn guest rate for the horse rides. Or choose from one of our packages- whether it is a romantic getaway with a horse-drawn Victorian carriage ride, girls shopping weekend or a family horseback riding holiday.
Reservations are Highly Recommended: Reservation Hours: 9am -6pm: 603-356-6640
Reservations & Cancellations must be made by phone only
Spring-until Snowfall: Carriage, Wagon, Pony and Horseback rides
Policies for all Rides:
You MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to departure times for all rides- carriage, wagon, sleigh, horseback & pony rides.
For example, if you ride is scheduled at 11:30am then you must be here by 11am. If you arrive later than this you will be charged for the ride . We cannot hold the ride for anyone.
- All Rides subject to change due to inclement weather & safety conditions. Call if in doubt. If we feel it is unsafe to go out and it is within the cancellation you will not be charged.
- All riders are riding at their own risk and are required to complete a liability release form.
- It is not recommended that pregnant women take any horse rides.
- No intoxicated person is allowed to embark on any of the rides.-
Cancellation policies for Carriage and Sleigh Rides;
- 3 hour cancellation policy for carriage and sleigh rides. A group of 6 or more- a 6 hour cancellation policy is required.
- Requirements for Horseback Riders:
- Must be 8 years old or 7 years old with some prior riding experience preferred.For safety reasons the rider, should be healthy enough to be able to get on and off the horse with minimal assistance.
- For the safety of the rider & horse, there is a weight restriction of 240 pounds for the rider. If in doubt, the rider will be weighed. If the rider is over this limit, this misrepresentation in weight will result in forfeiture of payment.
- This is a guided, walk only ride – if the rider does not adhere to this, then the trail guides have the right to end the ride immediately.
- Cancellation for Horseback Riders-
- A 5 hour cancellation policy applies to horseback rides. Groups of more than 6 people- a 6 hour cancellation applies.
- If you have a change in the number of people riding, you must call with this information 5 hours of the departure time otherwise you will be charged for the entire reservation. If you do not call within that time period to change your reservation time, the number in your party, your credit card will be charged. You must arrive 30 minutes before your departure time. If the riders show up late and the ride has gone out, we will charge your credit card.