Horse-drawn Carriage or Sleigh Rides, New Hampshire
Take a Scenic Carriage or Sleigh Ride in the White Mountains of New Hampshire”-Farm by the River Bed and Breakfast with stables- just 2 miles from downtown North Conway, NH.
Simply “Ride” OR Simply “Stay” or “Ride AND Stay”,
Treat your Sweetheart to a Lodging with the Romantic carriage or sleigh ride with lodging Package from $395.
Spring is also a great time to spot wild life on this private acreage as well as water fowl on the Saco River. Deer and fox and coyote are often seen as well as birds of prey, turkeys and other birds, and sometimes moose are seen during this season.
Just here for the Day?
Great for families…take a carriage ride for a family of 4 for $135
For a Romantic Carriage $119 “Romance Special ” for 2:
For four people- $169.
Includes a private sleigh ride for 2-4 with complimentary champagne or sparkling cider with chocolates, and fleece or faux fur blankets. Fall is a wonderful time of the year to see mature Maple sugar forest on the 70 acre private estate.
Its all about romance-There is a Justice of the Peace on site if you are interested in “Getting Hitched.
New Hampshire Magazine, April 2011, selected as on the the “Perfect B&Bs for the horsey set or the wanna- bes”. Carriage, sleigh and horseback riding is offered year round, daily.
Spring, Summer and Fall Schedule: Carriage, Wagon & Horseback & Pony Rides Schedule
Private Victorian Carriage Rides: DEPART- 10,& 11:30 am & 1pm, 2:30 (and 4pm weather permitting) $99 for 2 people; 4 people $135 with blankets
$119 Romance Special -Carriage ride with complimentary champagne, chocolates, blankets- 2 people -$119, 4 people-$169
Wagon rides 12-14 people Group rides -Adults- 12 yrs. & over: $18.; Children $12- ages 3-11 years; under 3 yrs free
1 Hour Horseback Rides- Depart: 10 & 11:30 am & 1 pm, 2:30 pm (and 4pm weather permitting) 1 hour. $50. please see our requirements below. $50 for more information see horseback riding
Pony Rides- for children 3 to 8yrs -$18
Gift certificates are a great wedding, birthday or anniversary, Christmas gift or a great way to let someone know you care.
Winter Private Sleigh Rides or Group Sleigh Rides
Join in on the Big Red Sleigh-
All aboard for the “Sleigh Ride Express”
Enjoy an authentic New England sleigh ride in this winter wonderland right outside our door from the inn. Take a sleigh ride through 70 acres of this family estate dating back to 1771 and travel through meadows and forests, along the Saco River.
“Top Ten Sleigh Rides”, Trip Adviser Trip Watch 2010
What a great winter getaway in the White Mountain. Experience panoramic Mountain views-of Mount Cranmore lit up at night for night skiing, the Moat Mountain Range, Mt. Kearsarge, Cathedral and White Horse Ledges and more- It’s Peaceful, Picturesque & Perfectly natural!
Join in on a group ride on the” Big Red Sleigh” fun for the whole family- a great way to get out in nature. The sleigh holds up to approximately 12-14 people. Cushioned seats, fleece blankets and hot chocolate is included on this authentic sleigh ride- one of the great things to do in the winter for the whole family. Approximatly 30-40 minutes long (depending upon conditions and weight load).
Group rides -Adults- 12 yrs. & over: $18.; Children $12- ages 3-11 years; under 3 yrs free
Voted top 10 “Best Horse Lover’s B and B”, Arrington’s Journal
Cozy up to someone you love for a sleigh or carriage ride and return to a roaring fire in the inn and later enjoy one of our deluxe rooms with a two-person Jacuzzi and fireplace.
See our packages Yr-round Packages with horses:
Stay and Ride options: Easy adventure with horses; Valentine special;Romance and Relax, sleigh ride for 2 , dinner, deluxe rm; Family Fun with horses family suites.
Winter Sleigh & Horseback Rides Schedule
Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: $99 for 2 people; 4 people Hot chocolate & blankets provided. $135. Guests staying at the Farm by the River B and B receive $10 off for a sleigh or carriage ride.
$119 Romance Special : Private Victorian Sleigh Ride with complimentary champagne and chocolates and fleece or faux fur blankets for 2, $169 for 4. Guests staying at the Farm by the River receive $10 off for a sleigh or carriage ride.
Group Winter Sleigh Rides on the Big Red sleigh -holds up 12 to 14 people:Group rides -Adults- 12 yrs. & over: $18.; Children $12- ages 3-11 years; under 3 yrs free
All rides depart at 10, & 11:30 am & 1pm, 2:30 (and 4pm weather and safety permitting) . Hot chocolate & blankets provided for sleigh and wagon rides.
Winter Horseback Rides- Approx. 50 minutes- Rides depart: 10 & 11:30 am & 1 pm, 2:30 pm (4pm is available usually by mid-Feb.). Inn guests receive a $10/ride discount
Spring-until Snowfall: Carriage, Wagon, Pony and Horseback rides
Policies for all Rides:
You MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to departure times for all rides- carriage, wagon, sleigh, horseback & pony rides.
- All Rides subject to change due to inclement weather & safety conditions. We do not cancel rides based on weather forecasts as they are often incorrect and are not area specific.Call if in doubt. We expect you to call and cancel as some cell phones do not work in this area. If we feel it is unsafe to go out and it is within the cancellation you will not be charged.
- All riders are riding at their own risk and are required to complete a liability release form.
- It is not recommended that pregnant women take any horse rides.
- No intoxicated person is allowed to embark on any of the rides.
Cancellation policies for Carriage, Wagon and Sleigh Rides;
- 5 hour cancellation policy for carriage and sleigh rides. A group of 6 or more- a 8 hour cancellation policy is required.
- Requirements for Horseback Riders:
- Must be 8 years old or 7 years old with some prior riding experience preferred.For safety reasons the rider, should be healthy enough to be able to get on and off the horse with minimal assistance.
- For the safety of the rider & horse, there is a weight restriction of 235 pounds for the rider. If in doubt, the rider will be weighed. If the rider is over this limit, this misrepresentation in weight will result in forfeiture of payment.
- This is a guided, walk only ride – if the rider does not adhere to this, then the trail guides have the right to end the ride immediately.
- Cancellation for Horseback Riders-
- A 5 hour cancellation policy applies to horseback rides. Groups of more than 6 people- a 24 hour cancellation applies.
- If you have a change in the number of people riding, you must call with this information 5 hours of the departure time otherwise you will be charged for the entire reservation. If you do not call within that time period to change your reservation time, the number in your party, your credit card will be charged. You must arrive 30 minutes before your departure time. If the riders show up late and the ride has gone out, we will charge your credit card.